Thursday, September 13, 2012

Back from Liberty's Gulch



Welcome to “The Liberty Legation.” Following my five-plus month sabbatical, I decided that a new title for this column is in order. While “Littlestuff-minoosha” has served me well for a couple of years, it seems to me that the somewhat clownish title may have distracted from message. Clearly because of my passion for individual liberty and personal sovereignty, the title should reflect that point-of-view. On the other hand, I know and pray that my quest for restoring and retaining liberty is not a lonely endeavor. Many of you share my passion and my purpose, thus we become ambassadors for God’s perfect will for us to exercise our freedom. We are a legation….a team of people who are dedicated to promoting the kingdom.

The last rendition of “Littlestuff” was comprised of three columns per week plus the “Weekender” on Saturdays. The “LL” will consist of two full-length columns per week (Mon. & Wed.) and a Friday weekender.

During my “vacation” I observed two national political conventions filled with smoke, mirrors and an ample portion of bovine scat.  Both parties lamented the failings of the other major party, and …. Dadgummit, they were both right. There were also numerous events on the domestic stage and the international scene that seemed ripe for my pithy, but sometimes misplaced, commentary. Nevertheless, medical necessity, business obligations and a tiny farm commanded my attention. While you were immersed in political dirt, I was digging in the real thing. While you were dodging the baloney and smoke from politicians, I was working with the smoker—preparing tasty meats for PJ’s porkbelly bbq biz. While you were watching political antics, I was under the superb care of Dr. Reed and his staff as they repaired my fading vision. While you were steamed and sputtering with rage, so was I.

Even though I was blissfully sequestered in Liberty’s Gulch, the atrocious goings-on in Washington, Columbus and various other ports-of-call continued to assault my sensibilities. The erosion of our liberties continues with barely a whimper from few of the elected class, and many of our fellow citizens surge headlong toward tyranny as they make their electoral choices. Woe is me, woe is us, doomed are we. I suspect that regardless of the outcome of the November plebiscite, state power will continue to grow, freedoms will vanish and the tepid patriots will moan. Meanwhile….the ever eager looting class will clamor for “more, much more” as the producers begin to drop like one-day insects.

On a happier note….we shall continue to nourish an abiding faith, immerse ourselves in the unconditional love of family and friends, and cherish every moment. Liberty….first, foremost and forever!

Here are the links to a couple of my former columns that may be timely:

Enjoy the weekend. Back on Monday….with an attitude.

Charlie Earl


 

No comments:

Post a Comment