Friday, April 12, 2013

The Last Time...Again



The Last Time…Again.
Charlie Earl

Here we are in mid-April, and my personal life is starting to intrude into my writing. Produce must be planted, weeded, nourished and harvested. Business needs are many during our season plus the added responsibility for completing our new business facility. In addition because of the inconsistent writing schedule throughout the warmer months, I must devote what precious little time I have to working on my book. I fear my grand opus may be so far behind schedule that it will be moot by the time it is published. Given the fact that so many of us trip through life trying to find “meaning,” it appears to me that the book must be completed before it is totally irrelevant.

In previous sabbaticals from the column it was always my intent to return after the crop and festival seasons were nearly ended. This year may be different because I decided at this point to leave the “pause” button fully engaged. So…as far as I know, this may be my last scheduled column. I’m very aware that “the urge to rant” may become too strong to resist, but I shall try to resist it. Thank you for reading, commenting and tolerating these pages. Hopefully we’ll meet in the town square when liberty reigns.

Charlie Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment